While osteopaths often work with a range of patient groups, some osteopaths with additional training focus their practise on working with children. An osteopath working with paediatrics may assist with the following patient groups, but not limited to:
- Families seeking a general check-up and information regarding normal growth and development
- Babies post birth
- Toddlers and children with difficulty relating to development, posture and movement
- Children requiring assistance after injury of surgery
- Children with chronic conditions and other physical impairments
- Families seeking advice about sleeping patterns/disturbance
Paediatric Osteopaths work together with families and other health professionals to assist in the health and well-being of children.
Osteopaths follow a clinical process of assessment to assist with understanding and diagnosis, prior to providing treatment. This process includes:
- A thorough case history, including obstetric and birth history
- Screening tests to assess impediments to development and milestones, including physical, neurological, orthopaedic and functional tests
- Discussion of the proposed treatment plan, including risks and benefits
Osteopaths tailor a treatment plan based on the individual needs of the child. This can include providing information, prescription of activities to maintain movement and functional skill, and gentle hands on therapy, including cranial biodynamic techniques.
Where appropriate, osteopaths will send referrals to medical practitioners, paediatricians, maternal and child health nurses, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, psychologists and other professionals in meeting the needs of babies, infants, children and their families. Osteopaths also receive regular referrals from other health professionals.
Initial Paediatric Osteopathy $100
Standard Paediatric Osteopathy $80
Click here for the full price list of our services.
Bookings – Call 93794151 or book online below